You Will Need
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 of a 17.3 ounce package Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets (1 sheet), thawed
- 2/3 cup (113 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chips or small chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or non-stick baking mat.
- Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk then set aside.
- Lightly flour your work surface. Unfold the pastry sheet then lightly dust top with flour. Use a rolling pin to roll the sheet into a 16-inch square.
- Cut pastry square in half then cut each half into four rectangles (making eight, 8-inch by 4-inch rectangles).
- Now, cut each rectangle diagonally into two triangles (making 16 triangles).
- Place about 2 teaspoons of the chocolate chips down the center of each triangle. Then, starting at the wider end, roll each triangle up. Place each croissant seam-side down so that the tip of the triangle is tucked under the rolled croissant. Then, bend in the edges, creating a crescent shape. Lightly brush tops of croissants with egg wash.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until they are golden brown.